Regulations require us to take a closer look at some transactions.

vintage1959
Contributor
Contributor

Last night I bought a dress online from a well known store, it's my wedding anniversary in a few days and I was going to wear it when we go out. But I then received a message from paypal that I've never seen before... Regulations require us to take a closer look at some transactions. Your payment is pending while we review it. 

Can't tell you how much this has put me off using paypal, and after this is sorted I'm closing my account, it doesn't matter how convenient I've found them to be this is unacceptable and the delay on my order means I probably won't get my dress in time. I've tried to cancel the order so I could re-order and pay the store direct instead of through paypal but I can't see anywhere to cancel it on the transaction.

Anyone advise me please?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vintage1959 

You can't cancel a completed payment under review, once cleared you could ask the store to refund you.

Hope the store is not in China or somewhere 'looking' as if it is in the UK or from a Facebook or SM ad, if so that may explain why paypal are reviewing it for your safety.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vintage1959
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply!

No, it isn't through facebook or any other social media, and definitely not from China! It's a well known clothing company I've bought from many times before.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.