Refund

Odinson44
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, and thank you in advance for your assistance. I sent money to a friend to pay for the cost of mailing my daughter's belongings in Nebraska to Ohio. 

The game plan has changed, however. My daughter will now be picking up her stuff in person in January, so my friend does not need to mail her things. I sent the money before the change in plans. My friend does not have a PayPal account and did not pick up the money. I thought the money would be returned to me after 30 days since it didn't get picked up, but the funds have not yet been returned to my bank account. I tried contacting the Resolution Center, but frankly, they didn't even point me in the direction on how to go about retrieving my money, so any help this community can give me would be appreciated. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Odinson44 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date)
2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Pending/Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option.
4. Payment or Sent.
5. Pending/Uncleared with a clearance date.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Odinson44
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding. It says, "Money Sent." I had to contact my friend and tell him to either create a PayPal account or to call PayPal. He's going to call them. I was trying to prevent him the hassle since I inadvertently sent him the money, but I guess this is the only way for PayPal to take my money out of limbo.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Odinson44 

Sorry but if it says SENT then it has successfully completed to the email address / paypal account that it has been sent to.

Your friend must have a paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.