Refund

millie2212
Contributor
Contributor
Purchased a item this morning Just had email to say I've had a refund No explanation as to why but not refunded the full amount neither Anyone got any clues why
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@millie2212 

Maybe with the pandemic they can't or won't go out to post it.

However they should have given you a full and not part refund.

So reach out and ask them to send the full amount. It may have been a mistake on their part and they sent it as a goods/services payment instead of a refund and a fee was deducted, instead of issueing a 'refund' OR they may have deducted their paypal fee and then issued you with a part refund.

Either way if they don't give you the full amount open a dispute for non receipt of item > put in the fact part refund only and escalate to a claim when you get that option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @millie2212 

Hope you are doing fine.

Just to confirm, did you see the refund information on your activity page after receiving the email notification? If it's listed then, you may reach out to your seller and have this refund clarified.

But if it's not showing on your activity log, and the email is not coming from PayPal, I suggest to have it double check. you can also have this email forwarded to us at  spoof@paypal.com

You may check this link as reference just in case:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-a-spoof-email-via-the-paypal-app-faq2816

Hope this helps.

Please let us know if you needed further assistance.

Thank you and stay safe always.

Login to Me Too

millie2212
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah it was listed and it's showing but not the full amount and no explanation of why I've been refunded
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@millie2212 

Maybe with the pandemic they can't or won't go out to post it.

However they should have given you a full and not part refund.

So reach out and ask them to send the full amount. It may have been a mistake on their part and they sent it as a goods/services payment instead of a refund and a fee was deducted, instead of issueing a 'refund' OR they may have deducted their paypal fee and then issued you with a part refund.

Either way if they don't give you the full amount open a dispute for non receipt of item > put in the fact part refund only and escalate to a claim when you get that option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.