Refund processed to deactivated prepaid master card

CharleeCaroline
Contributor
Contributor
Made a purchase is May of 2020 for a pair of shoes thru converse. I fell on hard times & decided to return the shoes and purchase them at a later date when I can afford to splurge. So, my problem is the prepaid master card I paid for the shoes with has since been deactivated, I have no access to it at all. I got the cash card so I let go of the prepaid master card. Well, converse processes my return and issues my refund to the deactivated card. Mind you I called them before hand to let them know I no longer had access to the card initially used to make purchase, they said oh no worries the refund will just automatically go to your PayPal account, they lied. Refund shows in my PayPal dashboard but it's under the deactivated card. I spent well over 7hrs yesterday trying to find anybody at all that can help me. Merchant, no PayPal nor the bancorp bank can seem to help. It's really just as simple as a representative who has access to my account going in there and switching the money from the deactivated card to my new card. How the deactivated card is still on my account I have no idea, because PayPal supposedly deactivated it a few months back so I cut up the card and put in in the trash. I have all necessary information on that old card is there not a way to simply remove the refund from my old card an put it on my new card? Oh I almost forgot PayPal prepaid customer service has now opened a dispute with merchant for funds but merchant did their part. Now I could possibly have to wait up to 20days for the dispute to be investigated. Whole situation has me blowed.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.