Refund cancelled

Amb5898
New Community Member
I sent money from my credit card to my PayPal account. After that I confirmed my email address. So the transaction cancelled automatically, and refund shows pending. As soon as I need the money to be refunded immediately. What can I do and what is the normal process and how long will take to refund the money to my credit card.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amb5898 

The transaction was canceled because you can't add money from a credit card to your PayPal account, you must select the credit card to pay with during PayPal checkout at a merchant website instead. Refunds to cards take a week, up to 30 days depending on your credit card company.

However, if you were linking your credit card to PayPal and PayPal temporarily charges your card to confirm the card, the refund time is the same, a week, up to 30 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amb5898 

The transaction was canceled because you can't add money from a credit card to your PayPal account, you must select the credit card to pay with during PayPal checkout at a merchant website instead. Refunds to cards take a week, up to 30 days depending on your credit card company.

However, if you were linking your credit card to PayPal and PayPal temporarily charges your card to confirm the card, the refund time is the same, a week, up to 30 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.