Refund-On-Hold

kazuka
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase directly by paying with a credit card without having a PayPal account. I did not receive the package with the order because seller makes a mistake in the address. I create an account with PayPal, but I could not open the dispute because the payment was made without an account. Fortunately, the seller answered my message and logged in to PayPal, contracted my transaction and made a REFUND, but the money is ON HOLD. PayPal sent me an e-mail, where he called me, what to do to get money:

>>The payment from ...... is on temporary hold.

>>We’ve placed the money on hold because we noticed that you’re a new PayPal seller and will need time to build a positive selling history. The money will appear in your pending balance and will be available after the order is fulfilled.

>>Provide shipment info

Add a valid tracking number and your money will be available 1 day after the carrier reports the shipment has been delivered.

>>Update status

Update the status of your service or virtual product sale
If your item doesn’t need to be shipped, (e.g., e-ticket or piano lessons) update the order status and your money will be available within 7 days after verification.

It's not clear for me. What should I do in this situation when I;m not the seller but PayPal treats me as I'm a seller ??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kazuka 

Sounds as if the seller used the 'send money' option and not the 'refund' option so paypal is seeing you as a seller.

You should get your funds at 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kazuka
Contributor
Contributor

So in real I didn't have to Update tracking information they asked me in email and i'll get money after 21 days?

Before you answered (two day ago) I didn't know what to do and updated tracking information. I choose status "shipped" and put tracking number ;/ I hope it wont make more problems

Login to Me Too

kazuka
Contributor
Contributor

So in real I didn't have to Update tracking information they asked me in email and i'll get money after 21 days?

Before I get answer I didn't know what to do and i updated tracking information. Can it affect the status of the transaction and keep the money for longer? I don't know this website ans I'm afraid that I won't  recoup my money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.