Recieved money on expired card

Trifly
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I recieved money back from shop but in mean time my cad expired.Now I can see transfer in paypal, but money are not counted into account it mean I can not use it. Can u help what to do? Thx
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Trifly 

It seems like the seller sent you a goods and services payment as a refund and did not refund from the original transaction? If the funds are on hold in Pending PayPal balance, you may have to wait 21 days for PayPal to release the funds, or...

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status.

Note: PayPal releases funds 24/48 hrs from when delivery can be confirmed with courier by PayPal, where applicable.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Confirm Receipt.

4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

If seller refunded from within the original transaction, it will go back on the card and you will need to contact card issuer for a refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Trifly 

It seems like the seller sent you a goods and services payment as a refund and did not refund from the original transaction? If the funds are on hold in Pending PayPal balance, you may have to wait 21 days for PayPal to release the funds, or...

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status.

Note: PayPal releases funds 24/48 hrs from when delivery can be confirmed with courier by PayPal, where applicable.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Confirm Receipt.

4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

If seller refunded from within the original transaction, it will go back on the card and you will need to contact card issuer for a refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Trifly
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for answer.It was i bougt something in begining of december paid via paypal. On christmas i find out that the bought good is broken and brought i back to shop. They sent me money back in january but my card has expired 31.12. so in paypal I see transfer but on account is still zero money.
Login to Me Too

Trifly
Contributor
Contributor
So i have to wait 21 days if i understood well.thanks a lot
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.