Recieved buyer payment confirmation, but not showing in my account

okay123_
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

PayPal sent me an email confirming that an eBay purchaser paid me the funds on 19 October 2020.  The payment shows on my 'Activity' tab on PayPal and the status of payment is 'Payment received'.  However, it has almost been a month and, after checking my PayPal balance and bank accounts, I don't appear to have actually received the funds!  The eBay purchaser has confirmed payment after taking a screenshot of her bank account.  The item has been delivered according to tracking information and she has confirmed receipt of the item.

Can you please advise how do I get the payment to show in my PayPal balance or bank account?  Is there a way for someone to investigate this issue? I've tried to use the Help menu on PayPal but the robot isn't very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@okay123_ 

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@okay123_ 

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

okay123_
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @kernowlass,

Thanks so much for your reply.  Per your suggestion, I checked the 'Paid with' section of each PayPal transaction and lo and behold, one of the transactions subsequent to the eBay payment used the funds received to pay off another purchase.

Thank you for suggesting I very thoroughly check my PayPal transactions! 🙂

Login to Me Too

enough2
Contributor
Contributor

my extra purchase made ok but its price was LESS than the amount of money from what the other should have paid me. Besides, my account balance has been $00.00 for this whole time, even before the my extra purchase.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.