Receiving payment

NatashaJohm
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an item on eBay - they paid by paypal however picked up. My money is still on hold - how do I get this released
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NatashaJohm 

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

As for your hold you can try this but if it doesn't work funds are released at 21 days.......

Mark the item as shipped in the PayPal transaction details, and that should open up the capability for them to go into the transaction details on their side, and acknowledge receipt of the item. That should allow the payment to be completed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NatashaJohm 

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

As for your hold you can try this but if it doesn't work funds are released at 21 days.......

Mark the item as shipped in the PayPal transaction details, and that should open up the capability for them to go into the transaction details on their side, and acknowledge receipt of the item. That should allow the payment to be completed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.