Receiving money

Tom1772
Contributor
Contributor
I sent request to a friend for $250. It selling anything. On hold. Need it. Help?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hello @Tom1772 If your payment is on hold or not available right away, we’ll notify you via email or an alert on your Summary page. Delaying funds availability is a common industry practice we implement to help ensure the secure use of PayPal by both buyers and sellers. By placing your payment on hold, we’re trying to make sure that there’s enough money in your PayPal account to resolve any issues that may arise with your account such as chargebacks or disputes. If there aren’t any issues with your transaction or account, the payment will typically be released within 21 days after receipt. After your hold is released, it may take until midnight (but it's usually sooner) for the money to appear in your PayPal account. You can expedite the release of temporarily unavailable funds by processing your sales right away and providing the shipping details. The actions and timeframes below are for PayPal holds: Print shipping label with PayPal: Print USPS or UPS shipping label on the PayPal website and we’ll update the tracking information for you. The hold will be released ONE DAY after delivery of your product. Add Tracking: Upload the tracking number/information of one of PayPal's supported carriers (see below). The hold will be released ONE DAY after delivery of your product. Buyer Confirmation: If your payment is held, your buyer will have the option to confirm that they received the item. This option is only available if they paid for the item with their PayPal account. They'll also receive an email once you upload tracking/print shipping label. The hold will be released IMMEDIATELY after buyer confirms delivery of your product. ***After your hold is released, it may take until the end of the day for the money to appear in your PayPal account. Supported PayPal Carriers: DHL Express, DHL Global Mail, UPS, USPS, FedEx, Airborne Express, Asendia, DTDC, Ensenda, Fastway, Globegistics, Ontrac, Purolator, RL Carriers, RRDonelly, Sendle, Startrack Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

Tom1772
Contributor
Contributor
I’ll NEVER use Pay Pal Again and will tell everyone I know how I’m being **bleep**. A friend sent money. I didn’t sell anything to him! You’re holding my money for ZERO reason and you’re unreachable. This SUCKS!
Login to Me Too

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Tom1772

We know it can be frustrating not being able to make use of the money that's sent to you.

Can you please check jow the paymen is sent?

For friends/ family payments, funds reflects and is available on your PayPal balance already.

However, if the payment is sent for goods/ services then payment holds may occur due to the above reasons.

Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.