Receiving money issue

Jamesdoble123
Contributor
Contributor
I have been a PayPal user for years, but not in this account. This account has been open for a few years but never sold anything on it. Sold an item of clothing he messaged me and we sorted a price. I had an email saying because I’m a new user the money should be in within 3 days if no dispute comes up. No dispute.... So I sent it off first class, tracking and with insurance (this was a lot!) what I’m curious about is PayPal say if you send tracking the funds will be released from on hold payment. But it’s been a week and still no payment? In need of help!! Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Jamesdoble123,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not seeing a payment. Was the email actually from PayPal or was it a fake? When you receive a payment, the payment will show in your transaction history even if it is held. If there is no payment in your transaction history, treat any email you receive with suspicion and do not send an item.

I hope this helps for any future transactions.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.