Received money, 24 hour hold??

JMoser98
Contributor
Contributor
Received a payment from my son via friends and family and it says “we need to do a quick security check to make sure ***** logged in to send you the money, your £ payment will show as on hold for 24 hours after you receive this email” It says they’ll release it once they confirm the right person sent it, but my son has had no contact from PayPal. So will it be a 24 hour wait or a wait for PayPal to confirm he sent it? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Jbshetty
Contributor
Contributor

As far as I know, there won't be any payment holds on personal payments (Friends and family). There is a chance that the payment which you have received is under review and it typically takes 24 hours for the review to complete. If not, maximum of 72 hours. So what I suggest is wait for 72 hours. I hope you will receive the funds successfully. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Jbshetty
Contributor
Contributor

As far as I know, there won't be any payment holds on personal payments (Friends and family). There is a chance that the payment which you have received is under review and it typically takes 24 hours for the review to complete. If not, maximum of 72 hours. So what I suggest is wait for 72 hours. I hope you will receive the funds successfully. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.