Random Top-Up for an Odd Amount Not Showing in Balance

soft-gremlin
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, since I can't file a dispute for this transaction type and using the chat option didn't get me any answers, I figure I'll ask here.

Two days ago I got an email that I had received a Top-Up on my account for $113.66. To start, I had done no transactions that day; usually I use Paypal through Samsung Pay, and if my Paypal account doesn't have sufficient funds, it'll withdraw from my bank (specifically in increments of $10) so that I'll have enough for a transaction. Furthermore, my balance does not reflect any of this money, yet my bank has the transaction listed and finalized. I'm very confused and a bit flustered as to where my money is, and why the heck I had this very specific amount supposedly topped-up. 

When contacting chat support yesterday, I was just told that it may take 3-5 days to fully process, but the fact it's been immediately withdrawn from my bank and not showing up in my Paypal account is odd... well, not as odd as it just happening for no discernable reason.

I'm hoping I can get at least some answer and resolution as to what's going on, and thank you for reading this.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@soft-gremlin 

Hope it turns up but top ups can take 3-5 business days.

If no luck talk to your bank and see if they can re-call it?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-faq1348?app=sear...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.