RE: Withdrawn to ATM Number instead of Savings Account Number

denzon94
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

First of all, I am residing in the Philippines, and I am having hard time to reach Paypal Customer Service; I even tried to email my concern, I tried to call via Skype, I even asked my relative from US to reach out domestically, then I chatted the FB page of Philippine Paypal but I didn't receive any response from them.

Okay, my problem is this. I wrongly linked my 16-digit ATM Number as Bank Account instead of the real 12-Savings Account Number. I didn't realize this until after I withdrawn my money to the Bank Account only to learn that the transaction was completed as shown in Paypal Summary of my account. This incident is taking toll, and it is making me depress. I need help from the community (actually from Paypal Management) on how I can recover the money.

This happened only last March 20, I saw several threads with almost identical problems, but the transaction of mine is "completed", meaning it has been transferred to an account? Follow-up question. If I put a different number, but the bank has digit codes up to 12 digits only... does this stuff proceed as completed and be transferred even though the bank has probably different number of digits? 

I sincerely hope someone will be able to help me. 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@denzon94 

In the Philippines, you can also withdraw to cards so if the transfer is marked completed, that means PayPal processed your transfer and the funds would end up on the card you withdrew to in a few days. Keep an eye out on the card account for the funds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

denzon94
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @sharpiemarker if you are correct then thank you!  I never know that in the Philippines, we can withdraw to cards directly...  But you understand, what  I am trying to say po... "I wrongly placed was the ATM number or the displayed 16-digit in front of debit card, not the actual savings account number...."  let's say March 26 comes, and the money doesn't show up, what's my recourse? 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@denzon94 

Select Philippines from the drop down menu and you will see that you can withdraw to cards:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

If you do not receive your funds, you can check with your card issuer and also contact PayPal customer service to put a trace on the transfer if the card issuer can't find your deposit. Did you withdraw to a Visa card?

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Michelle1297
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did you get your money back and how long does it take?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.