Put wrong account number

Thorvondrake
Contributor
Contributor

I accidentally put my member number when I needed to put my account number for a transfer from my PayPal account to my bank account. I'm super stressed about this. I don't know what to do. Can I get it reversed? Will it happen automatically? Please tell me what will happen/ what I need to do.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Well it depends on a bank to be honest how fast they process incoming payments and then when they reject it due to non existing bank account it is up to PayPal to put back to your account. I think it will be longer than two days...

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
What type of account number you have? Since you have no country on your profile cannot really advise. I do not think you can reverse anything but you can wait until it bounces back.
Login to Me Too

Thorvondrake
Contributor
Contributor

I live in the United States, and im not really sure what type of account number i have. Im new to all of this kind of stuff.

Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
It all depends how banks recognise the recipient. If one of the matching details will be incorrect money will bounce back but if your bank only matches account numbers and nothing else money would go to someone else. Hopefully bank will reject it and it will bounce back and it won’t be quick process.
Login to Me Too

Thorvondrake
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. I think it might have been asking for my card number, so if i only put a six digit number (because i misread what it asked for) do you think that means in a day or two that i would get the money back?

Login to Me Too
Solved

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Well it depends on a bank to be honest how fast they process incoming payments and then when they reject it due to non existing bank account it is up to PayPal to put back to your account. I think it will be longer than two days...
Login to Me Too

Thorvondrake
Contributor
Contributor

Ok..thanks for the help. Ugh im such an idiot

Login to Me Too

bricks

hey can i ask i put a wrong account number too but my transaction was completed already they give me back my money if i report?

Login to Me Too

ikhwanafiq48
New Community Member

me too,but do you get your money back?

Login to Me Too

Beane1
New Community Member

what about i put the atm number instead of my bank account number? do you think it will bounce back to my Paypal account?  hoping for a reply. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.