Problems with Automatic Transfers

amemend
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Mexico recently changed its terms of service and are not allowing users in Mexico to use or store funds in PayPal balance and is now requiring automatic transfers. However, it says that transfers will start at 12am CT, but it has been two days and my money has still not been transferred and I cant use the balance to pay for anything either. Why are they not initiating the transfers? I am already looking for other sites to receive payments as the only reason that PayPal was attractive was the fact that I could use the balance immediately while I waited for the rest to be deposited in my account. What is going on with the transfers? I tried to manually do it and it it showing me an error when I go to see the details. How can I get my money?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Randy

@amemend

I recommend contacting our customer service teams for further assistance if you're still seeing this issue on your end.  You can click 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any of our pages to get a phone number to reach us at, or you can contact us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/askpaypal) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PayPal). We would be happy to take a look at what options might be available to you.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Bellatrix1976
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for posting, I'm also having this problem. Not only has the manual option been removed to transfer money, I can't even convert currencies. I'm not exactly happy about getting essentially locked out of my account. I can't even use the money to pay for things online. I don't have time to sit around and wait for Paypal to get this right. It's also impossible to get through on the phone lines, as I suspect that several people are having this problem. I've already made arrangements for an alternative. If you guys wanted to **bleep** over your Mexican customers, mission accomplished.

Login to Me Too

aCluelessDanny
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I also have this issue. I got an email a couple of days saying the withdrawl to my bank was unsuccessful and the money was returned to my PayPal account as a "temporary solution". I suppose I can use the money again (and if not, that's even worse),& I'm pretty unsure what to do about this. It says in the email to await instructions to re-enable auto transfer withdrawls (even though I don't really want that, but Mexico's ToS change wants otherwise) & use the "Contact Us" page for questions.

But the thing is I don't even know how to ask since they're these different categories and none seem to apply to this specific problem, & I can't tell if I can receive or spend money through PayPal with this issue. Heck, apparently upon inspecting the "correction" transaction, there's an open dispute associated with it, but trying to check it in the Resolution Center just sends me into an error page

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Bellatrix1976 and @aCluelessDanny,

I am sorry that this issue is causing you such difficulty and that you are finding it hard to get in touch. As Randy mentioned we do offer support on our social media pages. You can contact us there without selecting a topic and we'd be happy to help you. 

Rachael

Login to Me Too

KathyTRBR
New Community Member

Both of those options are automated and I keep getting responses saying 'sorry I don't understsand'.   Ridiculously impossible to get paypal assistance now.

My problem is with the new changes, I can no longer send funds from Mexico to the US (employee payments) via paypal, as we've been doing for nearly 20 years.  Suddenly we had a 30 day notice that things would 'change' and now our employees can't get their funds.   The debit cards associated do not work.  There is no longer a checking account option listed to send from (and this is where all the funds are being transferred - but cannot transfer it back) and we have no idea how we are going to send these people their funds.  But no one can seem to assist us. 

Login to Me Too

Bellatrix1976
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Kathy,

Try doing a search under the help menu for "transfer" and a link comes up that still allows a manual transfer. That's what I had to use. The automatic option doesn't work.

By the way, did you know Peter Thiel is a Trump supporter? I can't help but think of the connection.

Login to Me Too

amandadolan
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem! any answers?

Login to Me Too

shacko
New Community Member

still same problem,, i was goin to SAVE money on paypal... but no this PAYPAL **bleep** SISTEM SUCKS!!!!

Login to Me Too

amemend
Contributor
Contributor
I have actually gotten my money now. It only took a week. I found a work around. If you click on the three dots by the transaction there is an option to "transfer to another bank account". I use that with my same bank information and the transfers have been going through. I'm still looking into alternatives to PayPal now though so I will probably be closing the account this year.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.