Problem

Lukka77
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, i have a problem about transaction, i accidently sent my money to my friend so i asked him to refund me and when he sent this money to me i got it but paypal is holding this money and says that they have to review within 24 hours, i think about 20 hours passed, they are holding this money now too... what can i do ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lukka77

Wait 24 hours seems a bet and then re-assess.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lukka77

Wait 24 hours seems a bet and then re-assess.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lukka77
Contributor
Contributor
appreciate that, that worked but i got hold again, i sent a payment to my friend and got it back he wanted to buy something but then decided to refund it to me and paypal got me angry, why i should wait for 24 hours ? why do they do that? i dont want that
Login to Me Too

Lukka77
Contributor
Contributor
can it cause some problems with my account or transactions or they are just checking it, i just wanted my refund, is that really hard not to wait for more 24 hours ? 😕
Login to Me Too

Lukka77
Contributor
Contributor
can it cause some problems with my account or transactions or they are just checking it, i just wanted my refund, is that really hard not to wait for more 24 hours ? 😕
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Lukka77,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

As @kernowlass mentioned, I would recommend waiting for 24 hours. To provide one of the safest online payment methods our internal security system reviews every payment before it's approved. Occasionally, we could block a payment, hold a transaction, request additional information or change the preferred payment method. There may be a higher-than-normal level of risk associated with the payment or we may just need an additional review of the account. This is similar to the way banks and credit card companies work when approving payments.

If the issue persists, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Service directly. If you would like to call in, you can find the correct phone number for your country by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage and by clicking 'Contact us' and then 'Call us'.You can also contact us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) or on Twitter (@AskPayPal).

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Anwakhan
Contributor
Contributor
I completely 180 day still i dont get my money y
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anwakhan 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal at the moment are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.