Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Problem

Ok, i have a problem about transaction, i accidently sent my money to my friend so i asked him to refund me and when he sent this money to me i got it but paypal is holding this money and says that they have to review within 24 hours, i think about 20 hours passed, they are holding this money now too... what can i do ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Problem

@Lukka77

Wait 24 hours seems a bet and then re-assess.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
5 REPLIES 5
Esteemed Advisor

@Lukka77

Wait 24 hours seems a bet and then re-assess.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

appreciate that, that worked but i got hold again, i sent a payment to my friend and got it back he wanted to buy something but then decided to refund it to me and paypal got me angry, why i should wait for 24 hours ? why do they do that? i dont want that
Tags (1)
Contributor

can it cause some problems with my account or transactions or they are just checking it, i just wanted my refund, is that really hard not to wait for more 24 hours ? 😕
Tags (1)
Contributor

can it cause some problems with my account or transactions or they are just checking it, i just wanted my refund, is that really hard not to wait for more 24 hours ? 😕
Tags (2)

Hi @Lukka77,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

As @kernowlass mentioned, I would recommend waiting for 24 hours. To provide one of the safest online payment methods our internal security system reviews every payment before it's approved. Occasionally, we could block a payment, hold a transaction, request additional information or change the preferred payment method. There may be a higher-than-normal level of risk associated with the payment or we may just need an additional review of the account. This is similar to the way banks and credit card companies work when approving payments.

If the issue persists, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Service directly. If you would like to call in, you can find the correct phone number for your country by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage and by clicking 'Contact us' and then 'Call us'.You can also contact us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) or on Twitter (@AskPayPal).

I hope this helps!

Martina