Problem with PayPal linking a credit card

Pajomo
New Community Member

I had. Credit card reissued from my bank and the number is the same but the expiry and security code is different. I’ve connected with PayPal who say the issue is with the bank and the bank says its with PayPal and then back again. Please note that for other online purchases and in stores the card works perfectly fine, so I’m thinking the issue is with PayPal. I’ve tried on different computers, clearing cookies and cache, so anyone who can help me get out of this endless loop of everyone pointing at the other would be welcome 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Pajomo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

If you need to update your card, you should find the option 'Update Card' under 'Payment methods' in the Wallet section of your PayPal account. Otherwise, you can remove your old card and add the new one from the beginning. You can do so always from the Wallet section. 

If you face any errors while completing this process, it may be that the system is preventing you from linking the card, for example, as a security measure, if the card has been disabled from your PayPal account or if the card has been added to another account. In these cases, your best option would be to reach out to our Customer Service directly. 

To see which options are available to you, click 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage. You can also contact us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPal) or on Twitter (@AskPayPal).

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.