Problem deleting old info

Elizabethcody92
New Community Member

I have 4 old bank accounts still on my account and an old address I'm trying to remove.  I keep getting an error message.  How can I remove the old information?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

you may have to wait 180 days

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Elizabethcody92,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty removing information. If you're getting an error message when removing any of 4 different banks, it is possible that your account is limited. If so, the limitation would need to be resolved before the information could be removed. If your account is either temporarily or permanently limited and you're trying to remove the bank accounts in order to use them on a new account, that would not work, as opening a new account while you have a limited account is not allowed. 

If your account is not limited and you are still unable to remove the banks, please reach out to customer service for troubleshooting assistance. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

Hi @nevadasmith,

Thank you for your assistance in the forum! There is a 180 day time frame that applies to the length of time before funds can be withdrawn from a limited account, but the removal of information from a PayPal account is not influenced by that time frame. Is that the time frame you were referring to? If so, the only change after 180 days is the availability of funds for withdrawal. There would be no change to the ability to remove financial credentials from the account. Please let me know if there's any confusion. I'm happy to help!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.