Prepaid Instant Transfer

Musicguy61
New Community Member

I have been unable to Instant Transfer money from Paypal to my Prepaid Mastercard for weeks now. I have called numerous times with no resolution, Prepaid transferred me to Paypal many times, my Paypal account is in good standing. What is the problem ???

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Musicguy61

Have you tried transferring from both the app and a desktop browser? You could also try updating the app if you have an outdated version.

There is an alternative to the Prepaid card.

The PayPal Cash debit card doesn't require transferring funds because it's directly linked to your available PayPal account balance. This card is no cost and there is no monthly fee.

Here is the PayPal link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/cash-card

Login to Me Too

skybase
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Music Guy I ran into the same problem using my Netspend Card, Which they decided to close on my on Friday for some odd reason.

But here is a tip if you are using one of the temporary or virtual card options the transfer cannot go through to a virtual card, according to PayPal they said when I tried the Bank did not allow the transaction but I had been able to do it before but on a Physical Card, so if if one of those virtual cards then

use a Physical Card. However you bank may not allow a debit card transaction with out a related previously as well. 

PayPal uses a Direct Debit format to do the transfers, if it doesn't allow direct debit then you are simply SOL. however refunds etc will be allowed because there is a related transaction it can work against. Virtual Cards do not allow direct debit. 

Another tip is if you pay per transaction if you try to do a direct debit credit it will not allow it. I had the premier premium which gives me free transfers with a simple monthly fee.

A lot of P2P systems are not allowing third party or nacro banks which means they use a bank and then that bank forwards it to another company. 

PayPal still allows MetaBank, and its virtual nacro banks, and well as the nacro banks of The Bank Corp.

The PayPal Cash Card is considered a Third Party Bank as the direct deposit information is Wells Fargo but at the same time the back of your card says its issued by The Bank Corp but really the account is PayPal Holdings Inc. 

Netspend for example is TSYS and their front bank is MetaBank. and their cards depending on if they were a mastercards would be issued by the bank corp or Metabank and if its a Visa its issued by Metabank. 

Rushcard is also a nacro bank as well also using Meta Bank as its front.

Login to Me Too

Brianl04hemi
New Community Member
Good info man πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.