“Please add a credit or debit card to complete your purchase”

whatrvr
Contributor
Contributor
I have been trying to link my paypal account to my apple ID for over two months now, but after signing in to my paypal account (through the app store) it prompts me to add a credit/debit card. this makes no sense, since i already have a debit card on my account. if i enter my card information anyway, the screen will say “processing” after i press the add button, and will return me to the previous screen to enter my card information. this happens on both the app store on my iphone, and the itunes app on my laptop. i called paypal cs, and they simply told me that there was nothing wrong with my account. this is very frustrating, as i cannot change my payment method to my paypal since it won’t let me log in.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@whatrvr wrote:
I have been trying to link my paypal account to my apple ID for over two months now, but after signing in to my paypal account (through the app store) it prompts me to add a credit/debit card. this makes no sense, since i already have a debit card on my account. if i enter my card information anyway, the screen will say “processing” after i press the add button, and will return me to the previous screen to enter my card information. this happens on both the app store on my iphone, and the itunes app on my laptop. i called paypal cs, and they simply told me that there was nothing wrong with my account. this is very frustrating, as i cannot change my payment method to my paypal since it won’t let me log in.

Try adding a different card, some online merchants need you to enter card to verify your ID. I would say this happens particularly with online sites that specialize in digital goods. Also check the security settings within your account settings to remove any "permission" links to apple/iTunes and try to relink again.  Also clear out browser cache and restart your device(s).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.