Please Help

OneSpeccyBoi
Contributor
Contributor
I got 3 emails today said they had my receipt for payments I had not made, 100 pounds to plus500 and 2 £25 to dominoes, I don't know how they got into my account and I haven't made any purchases at all on PayPal so I know it wasn't me, can someone please tell me what I should do, i really can't afford to loose this money
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Jadz4u
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @OneSpeccyBoi, I'm sorry to hear about this, to report unauthorized transactions, it can be done in your resolution center, please check this article: https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-unauthorised-paypal-account-activity--fa...

Hope this helps! 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution, thanks!

Login to Me Too

OneSpeccyBoi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help, unfortunately I did this and PayPal has denied it! I'm not sure why this happened but it just said that they found that it was authorised, what can i do now to change this as i didn't authorise this transactions and i don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @OneSpeccyBoi

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

In the event that an unauthorized claim is opened, we will review and check the location, IP address, Device used and log in credentials that was entered on that transaction. If we see that it is similar with your previous records in PayPal then we will deny the claim. Claim decision is final and The best way to resolve this is, if this is funded and charged in your card then you may contact your card issuer to seek assistance as they do offer protection as well. Hope this helps! Stay safe!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.