(Philippines) How to refund money sent to wrong account number

beesechurger
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I've linked an account to my Banco De Oro account in the Philippines but I mistakenly typed the numbers in the front of the card instead of the actual account number.

Paypal managed to "link" the bank with the wrong account number and I transferred money to that number (last Feb. 1) but I realized it's the wrong one (just today). I've read before that when Paypal sends money to an invalid account number, the money simply gets returned to me. I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone in the Philippines, though, and if this has ever been resolved. I've already sent a ticket to customer service about this.

Is it still possible to get my money back? Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @beesechurger,

I'm sorry to hear that you've withdrawn to the wrong number. When the funds reach your bank, the bank will see that there is no account number/name combo that matches what you've entered, and they should send the funds back. It can take several days in each direction. if the funds do not arrive back in your account after 14 days have elapsed, please contact customer service to request a trace.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

miandtheunivers
Contributor
Contributor
hi have you manGed to get your money back? i have the same problem: i input one wrong digit. what did you do?
Login to Me Too

cabellprianes
Contributor
Contributor

Did u manage to receive your money back? I got the same problem

Login to Me Too

Bhell
New Community Member
Can i ask if your money back , because i have this situatuon today, i hope it can answer it . Thanks and godbless
Login to Me Too

JulldolnSak
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get you money back?and for how many days?what did you do?I am having the same problem as well. 😞
Login to Me Too

JulldolnSak
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your money back?For how many days and what did you do?
Login to Me Too

JulldolnSak
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your money back?me and my mother experiencing the same thing as well. Please reply.
Login to Me Too

JulldolnSak
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your money back?and for how many days? Me and my mother experiencing the same thing as well.
Login to Me Too

FranmarieF
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same sentiments that happened today. But on my case the accnt  number needs to be atleast 10 digits and i only entefred the a difrent set of numbers in fornt of the card

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.