Personal payment

Jewlz8
Contributor
Contributor
I have a dilemma. My brother sent me some money through PayPal which I instgated and thought it would be faster than going through the telegraphic transfer. When it did, PayPal immediately put it on hold staying that they would require proof that it was for me. I did what they asked and uploaded my ID and they accepted and also to inquire whether the payment is for a merchandise transaction which I specified that it wasn't so as it is personal aka a gift. I don't understand why they would not released it to me. Where did I go wrong? Can anyone help me? Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jewlz8 

Paypal often check payments sent via friends / family to make sure its not a seller trying to evade paying their paypal fee by using that option.

Normally the review is only 24 hours so has it been longer than that?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jewlz8 

Paypal often check payments sent via friends / family to make sure its not a seller trying to evade paying their paypal fee by using that option.

Normally the review is only 24 hours so has it been longer than that?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jewlz8
Contributor
Contributor
Fair enough. It was received this afternoon so it hasn't been 24 hours yet. I will check again tomorrow. Thanks for the top.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.