Personal Transfer from Ivory Coast to India

screamjack
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I would like to use Paypal to send money from Ivory Coast to India. However, the only option I find is pay for goods and services while the personal transfer option is missing. The money I am sending is to family members. What is the difference if I choose this option (Pay for goods and services) and send money to my family members? The thing is I am already taxed for these funds here locally. I do not want the money to be further taxed at the destination (India). Will sending money through the goods and services option cause this issue? Also, are there additional charges if I use this option as opposed to the personal transfer option? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not all services and account features PayPal provides are available in all countries. And it appears you can only send money as goods and services (purchases) and the recipient will be charged currency conversion and PayPal fees to receive the money. These are not "taxes", they are PayPal service fees and currency exchange rates. Since sending personal payments are not allowed in your account. You will need to find another way to send personal payment. Try wire transfer through your bank to your family's bank account in India.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.