Pending transfer to bank

amandasilver
Contributor
Contributor
I received $197 to my PayPal account on 8/27. I chose to withdraw it to my bank using my debit card (that I have used before with no issues). Usually the transfer is instant but this time it was labeled pending. I received an email from PayPal stating that they withdrawal was processing and could take 30 minutes. It is 9/3 and it is still pending. I emailed PayPal and got a generic response. I called and got put on hold for an hour. I did the chat option and they just told me to call. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what did you do to remedy it? How long did it take for you? Is there any way to fix it? I really need the money. Thanks to everyone who responds!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Rich

Hello @amandasilver,

I'm sorry to hear that your debit card withdrawal was delayed. That is understandably frustrating. Here is a link with more information about withdrawals and their timeframes: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-money-out-of-my-paypal-account-faq2316

As you can see here, a withdrawal may be delayed for review. This review can take up to 72 hours. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

amandasilver
Contributor
Contributor
It is still pending as of today 9/9/19. It has obviously been more than 72 hours. I called PayPal and they essentially told me “too bad, so sad, you have to wait.”
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @amandasilver,

I'm very sorry that the outcome of your query was that the review would take longer. The typical review is 72 hours. If there is a problem, it might take longer. I regret that via the community forum, we can only provide general assistance. Only via the direct customer service channels to customer service can account-specific information and assistance be given.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Cestlavieapb
Contributor
Contributor
What if my instant transfer is “completed” and I’ve received an email stating the transfer was successful, and I haven’t received any email or notification saying the transfer is under review but the funds did not transfer to my debit card? Also how do I receive a refund for the fee I paid for the instant transfer? I would have selected the free option if I had known the instant transfer option doesn’t work. When I use Venmo and cash app and even Facebook messenger to transfer funds to my checking account using my debit card it is always instant so I don’t understand where the funds went. Update: transfer was successfully deposited, but it took 2 hours. Relieved that it didn’t take days, but I spent atleast an hour trying to figure out where my money went. PayPal should edit the transfers page to reflect a more accurate time frame, or even better PayPal should not label this service as instant when it is not by any means. I would still appreciate a refund for the 1 percent charge.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.