Pending transaction

Colin570
New Community Member
A friend lent me money. It's the 1st time there has been a transaction between us on paypal. The transaction is pending. How long before will the transaction be pending? When will the funds in my balance and available for me to use?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Colin570,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into issues with a pending payment you've received. There may be multiple reasons as to why a payment is pending or on hold. I'd recommend reviewing the following Help Center Guide All About Holds for a bit more info. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Colin570 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to an account.

1. If sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see the recipient as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If sent using the send money > family / friends option then the recipient would have the payment instantly (as long as it wasn't an echeque pending with a clearance date) with no fee if funded from a bank account or balance (a fee if you use a card). (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.