Pending refunds

Modo042
New Community Member

Will the buyer get a refund back if I close my PayPal account without refunding a pending or held payment?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Modo042 wrote:
Will the buyer get a refund back if I close my PayPal account without refunding a pending or held payment?

"You may close your PayPal account and terminate your relationship with us at any time without cost, but you will remain liable for all obligations related to your PayPal account even after the PayPal account is closed. When you close your PayPal account, we will cancel any scheduled or incomplete transactions. If you have a Cash Account linked to a personal PayPal account, you must withdraw or transfer any funds held in your Cash Account before closing your personal PayPal account, and closing a personal PayPal account will result in PayPal automatically closing any linked Cash Account. If you have a business PayPal account, you must withdraw or transfer any balance from your business PayPal account before closing it, and if you have not provided the required identifying informationto us, or if we are unable to verify the required identifying information you provide, you must transfer any balance in your business PayPal account to a linked bank account or debit card. You cannot withdraw or transfer digital gift certificates/cards that are purchased through PayPal Digital Gifts and linked to your personal or business PayPal account as payment methods. However, even without your PayPal account, you can still use the codes you received by email when you purchased the gift certificates/cards to make purchases.

In certain cases, you may not close your PayPal account, including:

• To evade an investigation.
  • If you have a pending transaction or an open dispute or claim.
  • If your PayPal account has a negative balance.
  • If your PayPal account is subject to a hold, limitation or reserve."

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#closing-account

To contact customer service for further assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.