Pending payments

Shepochu
New Community Member

Very very annoyed, transfered 43 pounds to my bank account only to find that the payment is pending, contacted pay pal and was told that the money will clear within 72 hours, I have patiently waited for 3 days for the funds to be sent to my bank. Never had this problem before and no where can I find any information about this. I was told it would be today by the assistant at the call centre. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Gggb8
Contributor
Contributor
This has been frustrating. I will NEVER go through PayPal again, the frustration is not worth it. Someone sent me a payment on 4/15/19. Today is 4/22/19 and the funds are still pending. When you call PayPal you get different stories. My account says the money will be in my account on 4/19/18. I am contacting the BBB today.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, there! 

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Community forum!

@Shepochu - If a withdrawal remains pending for 72 hours, it may be as we will occasionally hold a withdrawal for further review. This review can happen for various reasons but, in general, is because our internal security system reviews every transaction before it's released in order to provide a safe online payment service. You can find more information here

@Gggb8 -  In general, payment may be held for multiple reasons. If you have no prior selling history, the most common reason is that PayPal has placed the payments you receive in your pending balance until further information is provided. This is a common industry practice that we implement to help ensure a safe environment for both buyers and sellers. Payments are placed on a 21-days hold but if you add the tracking number or the buyer marks the item as received in the details of the payment, your funds will be released to you sooner than the 21 days.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.