Pending payment

jammin1694
New Community Member
So I did some work for somebody and thought using paypal would be quick and easy, I was wrong. I inadvertently selected request money in the goods and purchases area of paypal. Later that day the customer paid. It showed up as pending in my activities. I finally got ahold of paypal they said that person that paid me had to do a little song and dance in there account for lack of better words means that they had received the product that I DID NOT SELL THEM. It was a straight cut and dry send money. Since I chose the wrong button I am now penalized for my inadvertent error by not receiving my funds for 21 days. I could reverse the process but then the people that paid me may not get their money for up to 30 days and I dont think its fair of me to penalize them for my button push mistake, but I had a way to get it immediately by having the buyer check that they received the product, but there is another snafu. They were signed in as a guest and did not have the feature to check the little boxes saying they received. I find this quit silly as the persons name and any other info must be sent to paypal. Hell we could even go on a 3 way call and the buyer who is really not a buyer hes someone that was just sending me money. So now paypal is saying for or safety they are holding it, when both me and the sender are in agreement that it's ok. Was is PayPal doing with my money for 21 days. Alot of interest could be made if they do this to thousands of people. Why cant they just release funds poor customer service. Does anybody know of a quick way to get around this without refunding and starting over?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.