Pending payment withdraw to bank account taking days?

laurenisgeeky
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all I have been sending small amounts of money to my bank account over the last week to pay for postage items with Ebay. no issue.

On 11th April I requested a withdrawal of £110 and £5. The £5 cleared after two hours but I am still awaiting the £110. This has never happened before as its usually instant. Paypal say its pending, 0-3 days, but I needed that money on the 11th and now its the 14th! Its been three days so what the hell is going on? I'm now apprehensive withdrawing anymore now otherwise I won't have any money.

Anyone else experiencing the same? 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@GJL wrote:
Try withdrawing money via your mobile phone app. That seems to work within the usual 2 hours! Did for me anyway.

Hi @GJL,

This was a temporary solution to withdrawal issues last week, which was a separate issue. In relation to normal withdrawals however, even when requested on the mobile application, it can still take anywhere between 2-72 hours to complete.

Login to Me Too

taxiem
Contributor
Contributor
I think the bottom line is Paypal will always dictate how ling they take to give you your money. I am 5 months in, verified and my acciu t has always been in gokd standing yet ALL of my withdrawals go to pending and 90% of those take the full 72 hours! I am blessed if I can even send a payment without it being held at the receiving persons end. Think about it if they put a million pounds into pending state for 72 hours they rake in the interest. Its not random as they state because if it were, it wouldnt be every single withdrawal made. They take your money and profit from it however they can including their extortionate fees because they have us all bent over with ebay also. About time they played by their own rules and stopped witholding peoples money
Login to Me Too

laurenisgeeky
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve never had a hold before. I presume because it was £110 (shocking amount I know!!!). No issues when I’ve been withdrawing for the many years I’ve used Paypal. Took 72 hours but I needed to pay something that day and therefore missed my deadline. I’ve had no hold since that £110 on the 11th but now I’m withdrawing in £25 instalments cause I can’t wait 3 days for my money! The people saying works on my phone app. I withdrew that £110 on my phone so that’s nonsense.🙄
Login to Me Too

Jimmy-Mack
New Community Member
That is exactly what they do.
Login to Me Too

RichPeople
Contributor
Contributor

This has actually ruined my day, I had to put all my money in my paypal the other day.

Now I made a withdrawal from my paypal to my bank yesterday and it still hasn't went in and the weather is amazing but i'm stuck inside since its taking forever to withdraw when it used to take less than 1 hour.

Login to Me Too

rtoronto
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is the absolutely worst thing I've ever had to use online. They have no clear cut rules, they just hold whatever money they feel like holding. I'd really advise people to look at alternatives, it's Paypal over the years is becoming more and more draconion. Im extremely glad for Apply Pay and other platforms to be available to shopify and ebay sellers. I've been unable to withdraw my own money for 2 weeks straight, it keeps getting reversed for no damn reason.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.