Pending payment question

Mrswarrington1
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment but it is marked "money received +£1000" and "PENDING" ....so not in my balance but I can see the transaction was made. Does PayPal put a hold on money and for how long?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi Mrswarrington1 and welcome, 

We do place a hold on some payments if you are a new seller but you would be able to see this hold on your account. I would recommend checking the payment to see if there is a hold showing. If there is it will generally advise you why the hold has been placed. If there is no hold and the payment is just showing as pending then it may be that the payment was sent using an echeck. This is the same as a normal cheque but an online version. This means that we must wait for this to clear before the funds can be added to your balance. Go to the payment and click on the details of the transaction and it will give you more information. 

I hope this helps and please let us know how you get on, 

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi Mrswarrington1 and welcome, 

We do place a hold on some payments if you are a new seller but you would be able to see this hold on your account. I would recommend checking the payment to see if there is a hold showing. If there is it will generally advise you why the hold has been placed. If there is no hold and the payment is just showing as pending then it may be that the payment was sent using an echeck. This is the same as a normal cheque but an online version. This means that we must wait for this to clear before the funds can be added to your balance. Go to the payment and click on the details of the transaction and it will give you more information. 

I hope this helps and please let us know how you get on, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.