Pending balance

SaraN99
New Community Member

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. 

I sold an item on ebay, however my paypal account is telling me:

'Send to the address on this page.Save your tracking or delivery information.'

The item sold was a sofa, so it was collected in person. I have marked the sofa as sent, but cannot for the life of me see how to tell paypal it was collected in person. Help....!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SaraN99

Well you don't have to. If you are meaning that you are subject to the 21 days hold then the advantage of adding a tracking number is to get the funds released more quickly. But if you are not subject to that hold then don't worry about it

HOWEVER...................

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.