Pending Withdrawal

A3XR_D4G
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

I have been having some troubles all day today with PayPal and unfortunately, if this continues, I really am not going to be able to use PayPal again because of the hassle.

Before I tell you about the problem, I think it is important that I introduce myself and what I do so that you can see why I am struggling right now with the issue which I will go into detail on later.

Firstly, I am a reseller. I resell products on eBay. Specifically products in the video games category. The video games I sell are digital. Therefore, I not only send customers the digital codes which they order, but I still do send the physical copy of the code too. This is for tracking purposes and so that if a customer tries to attempt fraud, I have proof of delivery. For example, let's use PSN cards as an example. On the back of a PlayStation Network Subscription card, you can find the code which you need to redeem on your console for the activation of the subscription. So I will send the code on the back of the code straight away, and then I will also dispatch the card too so that chargebacks for mischevious reasons don't occur.

Before you start saying that "reselling is a scammy move" or etc, keep in mind that I resell for a higher price as I can provide a better service to customers than a lot of retail customer service assistants could. This is because I am 18 and have played video games my nearly my whole life and therefore have a lot of knowledge on video games than a 50+ year old customer service assistant might who is against gaming and etc. I also provide instant delivery to customers for the digital goods that they buy. This is through the use of an automated delivery tool. The automated delivery system has databases in which all my codes for customers are contained. Therefore, as soon as this tool recognises a purchase has been made, within 5 seconds the customer will already have had received a message containing the code that they ordered. This makes things more convenient for customers who don't have stores nearby and etc.

The last piece of information you should know about me before I move on is that I have only just turned 18. The reason this is important is that I have only just created a PayPal account after my last one was permanently limited due to me being under the age of 18 in February. I have opened this PayPal account with no money and have generated a couple of hundred £ in the last couple days to continue building on and saving. Obviously, this really isn't a lot of money.

With all the information above about me out of the way, my problem is that I am unable to make purchases with my PayPal account as PayPal brings up an error which reads something like "return to merchant and try again later", while also delaying my withdrawals to my bank account by 12 hours for "security reasons". I currently have three orders which I cannot fulfill. All were made today at around 12pm and are around £30-£50 each. For the more expensive items, I don't provide instant dispatch as I currently can't afford to bulk buy them and keep them in my databases for instant dispatch like I can with products which are in the price range of £0.99 to £20. Basically, I have a policy which I have promised my customers that my business will provide them with their digital download keys for the product within a 12 hour period after they purchase.

I need to buy the codes but have to withdraw the money to my bank account so that I can do so. Stores close at 9pm and when I transferred the money at 1pm today to my bank account, it said that it would take up to 12 hours to transfer the balance across for security purposes. I thought by the words "within" it would have transferred by now... but it hasn't. Therefore, I won't be able to buy the products until tomorrow to send them to my customers. This means that I would have broken my promise of a delivery within 12 hours and customers are not going to like that. I have even tried to buy the digital products online to deliver them to these customers. However, every time I try to make a purchase in an online store, it results in PayPal bringing up an error saying "return to merchant" as I mentioned above. You should know that customers within the video games market aren't very negotiating. Therefore, if I tell them that there is going to be a delay in their orders, they will most likely leave me negative feedback. Obviously, I really don't want this as I already have a feedback score of 97% and that is going to bring it down further... negative feedback builds up and results in worst feedback score which would obviously scare away furture customers.

So, what should I do? I work on very small profit margins which means if I refund customers now, I will not make any profit but a loss due to the reversal fees too. This isn't going to be good. I want to keep this option as my last resort. Is there a way that I can speed up the transfer to my bank is what I am asking I guess. 

I would really appreciate answers and also advice on business in the future. Still young, so I am gonna take this as a lesson to learn for the future. But, I don't really know what I should be learning from this situation. I have always done business like this and I have made a couple thousand doing so which isn't a lot but better than the average teenager makes at my age (not bragging as I have always been a dumb kid too and spent all the cash I made except for the money I have made on this new account as I am a little more mature than I was a couple of months ago haha). Anything I should know about doing business in the future with PayPal? Also, as mentioned, any advice on what I should do in this situation? Also, I can't get a job right now due to my college exams and assignments taking up a lot of time. That is the one reason I usually offer automated delivery so I have time to focus on my own life too and have time to study as I have a lot of that to do (especially according to my parents who I also can't borrow money from right now).

Sorry, this message is a little long. I just like writing because it helps distract me from my problems as you can probably tell haha.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@A3XR_D4G 

Edit it with just the facts, takes too much time to wade through that amount of text.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

A3XR_D4G
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

Basically, I can't make purchases with my PayPal account as it brings up an error on the lines of "return to the merchant, the payment couldn't be made". Also is taking 12 hours to withdraw cash to bank balance.

It has been doing this all day today and I am wondering how much longer it will keep doing this. When will it allow me to start paying? For home many future withdrawals is it going to take 12 hours to transfer for? It has always withdrawn the money right away so why won't it do the same now?

Also, sorry about the last message being too long. Instead of comfort eating, I write instead... I know, I am pretty backwards compared to average people.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@A3XR_D4G 

Is your account limited at all?

Have you checked the resolution centre?

If so then i would give customer services a call.............

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

As for your wthdrawals .........

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.
https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

A3XR_D4G
Contributor
Contributor

My account is not limited. I also did lift my spending limits when I created my PayPal account 8 days ago. I already confirmed the car and everything so spending limits should have been lifted.

I think I will give PayPal a call after I have written this, or tomorrow depending on if their customer service lines are still open.

I appreciate the help though. Thank you very much 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.