Pending Payment

Greg140
Contributor
Contributor

I am selling my daughters wedding dress and found a buyer.  I got an email supposedly from PayPal stating payment pending until I ship package and send an email with tracking number then funds will be released.  I dont see anything in my PayPal account about a pending payment.  Would like to know this is legit.  The following is the email I received.   Also, in the email where it says to click here to type in the tracking number so funds can be released doesnt work.  When I hover my mouse over it nothing happens.  Any feedback would be helpful.  Thanks.

Transaction ID:

You received a payment from your buyer - Ship now

Dear 
                                                                                                       You have received  a payment of $500.00 USD from 

Estimated funds availability

The payment is currently PENDING as it awaits shipment verification, so you're to get the item shipped out then email us the shipment tracking number for verification and the money will reflect in your account as soon as the shipment has been verified.

How to ship your buyer's item(s) and Payment assurance
  • Pick up the item(s) and go to the nearest Post office to ship out the item(s).
  • Get a tracking number with a receipt and Manually enter the shipment tracking details to us for verification of shipment by replying to the tracking details to our customer care at Click Here
  • Instant funds to your PayPal account after shipment has been verified.
    Seller: 

Buyer's Shipping address - Confirmed
    Name: 
    Address: 
    City : 
    State: 
    Zip Code: 

Shipping method
    USPS EXPRESSMAIL DELIVERY. 
    Seller Protection
    Eligible
    Description Quantity Price Amount
    Goods1$500.00$500.00
    Subtotal$500.00Total$500.00 USD

Payment to: 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Greg140,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! This is a great question! While PayPal does place payments on hold from time to time, you will always see the payment in your account first. What you've described does not sound like a legitimate payment. However, here are a few Help Center articles you may find useful: 

What are common scams and how do I spot them?

How to spot fake, fraudulent, spoof, or phishing emails

How can I release my payment(s) on hold?

I hope that clears up any confusion! Best wishes and good luck on your sale!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Greg140,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! This is a great question! While PayPal does place payments on hold from time to time, you will always see the payment in your account first. What you've described does not sound like a legitimate payment. However, here are a few Help Center articles you may find useful: 

What are common scams and how do I spot them?

How to spot fake, fraudulent, spoof, or phishing emails

How can I release my payment(s) on hold?

I hope that clears up any confusion! Best wishes and good luck on your sale!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Faisal33
New Community Member
Gift card
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.