Pending Bank Withdrawal-Help!

Ashley-Blackwel
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I use my PayPal account often and I've never had an issue. I've had a pending withdrawal to my bank now for three days. I've sent multiple messages through the help centre and had no reply and I've lodged a formal complaint and had no response. I am at my wits end. I haven't been notified why my withdrawal has been held 'pending'. The money was a transfer from my wife to me for food shopping. We are a family of 6 stuck in isolation due to Covid-19 and we are now officially out of food. I cant get a response from PayPal and really do not know what to do. So we've made the little food we had left last us the last two days but we really need that money. Any ideas?!?!?!? A very stressed and upset guy 😞
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I am sorry this happened to your family but most of us here who did withdrawals around 12th-13th midnight (22:00-5:00) have issues and PayPal is not releasing them as there is no one to fix the issue. They are aware of it but no intentions on getting funds to bank accounts just basic copy-paste responses. Each advisor acts oblivious to this issue but after ‘looking into’ realises there is an issue and then it falls on deaf ears and nothing happens. Even now ‘PayPal employee’ charmanderrr or something just gave someone again standard book answer from PayPal FAQ.
Login to Me Too

Ashley-Blackwel
Contributor
Contributor
Its absolutely soul destroying. How is this acceptable customer service? I accept I am not the only one. Thank you for your kind words.
Login to Me Too

Mcstagg
Contributor
Contributor

Loads of us have this problem and PayPal are doing nothing to ease concerns.

go on resolver.co.uk if you are in the uk or report it to someone that can offer legal advice. The more pressure we put on PayPal about this the sooner they will stop ignoring it and actually acknowledge the problem.

Login to Me Too

Ashley-Blackwel
Contributor
Contributor
I'm truly gobsmacked at the total lack of even response. When we are in these times where every single penny counts and people who are out of work due to the pandemic are struggling to pay for the most basic of items. PayPal think its acceptable to hold 100's of pounds with NO explanation or response. Its discusting
Login to Me Too

Mcstagg
Contributor
Contributor

I wholeheartedly agree. Imagine if one of the big banks did this, they would be all over the news already. 

Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Yeah Ashley. I think it is not just 100s. I think it is in thousands as I saw one person posting here that he tried to withdraw over £700 via instant withdrawal, which is still pending. Plus not all the people know how that they can complain on Community.
Login to Me Too

Ashley-Blackwel
Contributor
Contributor
I've sent a complaint email. No reply saying it's been received. I did try that resolve site but it says PayPal aren't accepting complaints from them. Weird. I'm at a total loss.... I have no idea how to sort this out. Is it theft? Is the money lost in the abyss? Who knows?
Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
They are saying that, but if you scroll lower down you can see that you can still progress your complaint by clicking final response or deadlock letter received but I would advise to give PayPal reasonable time to sort this. So you can prove to Ombudsman that you gave PayPal let’s say two weeks to sort it and they still failed to respond. I would suggest to send PayPal msg that you made a complaint on twitter or chat so that you have proof for Ombudsman that you tried all ways of communication.
Login to Me Too

Mcstagg
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah now that you’ve filed the complaint On resolve you just have to wait a bit. Disregard the automated PayPal reply to that. If anything it’s just more ammo against them. Once the wait is over the ombudsman will take over and fight this case for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.