Paypal

jakubrzymski
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys!

I sold a few items on app called "grailed". One guy who bought something from me, didn't receive thing that he ordered. I explain to him that I called the post office, everything is okay and I told him to calm down because it's been only month and usually it takes a lot of much time than month. Parcel fom `Poland to the United States usually takes 2 months (8-10 weeks), it's a long way through the ocean etc.

Anyway, I talked to the buyer, and he agreed that he make a mistake. He thought the package is lost. I explain everything to him, he apologized and promised me that he is gonna try to cancel  Paypal case he made.

And now, he telling me Paypal is not able to cancel the case. It's under paypal review. And we already agreed but paypal needs time to the 15 JANUARY 2019 to make decision. What? 

Second thing, paypal took my money off my account from this item that guy bought from me.

It's 80USD, and I was on the negative balance. -80 usd. And here's the thing, I received 40 usd yesterday from OTHER AUCTION I SOLD. and paypal take away this money from me, now i'm -40usd. Great. What can I do to make this faster? And if paypal give me money back?

And the last question affect money on hold. I understand, they have to protect themselfs and legit buyers and sellers from the begginers who they don't know. That's why you have to wait for money 21 days. But Paypal told me this thing is just for a moment, and it's been 1.5 month, I already sold at least 15 things, a few people gave me a positive feedback. And i still need to wait 21 days. What can I do about that? How to receive money faster? The next day after i got paid for item, I send buyer tracking, but this didn't help with anything. I still have to wait 3 weeks for a money.

What can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jakubrzymski

You shouldn't send 'surface' mail, you can send airmail around the world in about a week.

A paypal dispute takes about 3 weeks in total so a buyer can file for non receipt and get their money back way before your item arrives.

If a buyer opens a dispute then your funds are on hold, if you 'receive' funds they will offset the negative balance, if you win the case then the held funds will be released as a credit on your account.

The 'new seller' hold goes on until you can prove you have a good selling reputation, that is not going to be helped by buyers opening disputes against you for non receipt of goods unfortunately and may make the time of the hold go on for longer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.