Paypal won't send me a check for my account balance

zxasqw
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's "send a check instead" link doesn't work, so I can't get the money in my account. (I don't want to link my bank account to Paypal.) I've spent days trying to get this fixed through their message center, but they don't seem to understand the problem. They only tell me to use the "send a check" link, which doesn't work. I've tried clearing my cache, using different browsers, waiting 24 or 36 or 72 hours...nothing works.

Is there any other way to get Paypal to send me a check besides the broken "send a check" link?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

lovedislovepp
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue and customer service is no where to be found. If only Paypal was an online company in which people could work from home... I've even tried linking a bank account and get the same response to the request a check link - nothing. Crickets.

Am I surprised? No.

My advice - don't sell anything unless you're willing to not get your money. I found out the hard way.

Login to Me Too

jackrabbit5
New Community Member

I am having the same problem. Every time I hit the send a check button, it takes me back to my Paypal summary showing me the amount of money I have waiting to be claimed. I would really like to claim this money and have a check sent, but I am being locked out of claiming money that is rightfully mine. I guess I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing this problem. I hope Paypal resolves it quickly.

Login to Me Too

blpip
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issues. I keep getting an email saying the funds were returned to my account.

I've tried three times.

The phone system simply hung up on me. I also spent 2 hours on that text box with no reply. 

And the web site tries to dump you off too.

Blaming their ineptitude and under staffing on Covid is pathetic.

"We have reversed the following check withdrawal and returned the amount to your PayPal account:"

Login to Me Too

SavionGlover

I have been trying to receive a check for 8 months. Customer support repeatedly gets confused and don't cancel or reissue the check. I suspect they're never even being sent out. It's exhausting having to repeatedly engage them. I just want my money. Why is it locked in an account and can't be spent? Ebay and paypal used to be the best combination and now they've become the worst...

Login to Me Too

yazman
New Community Member

Ditto here. They have almost $600 of mine locked up, and I can't get customer service to respond. I suspect this problem is affecting thousands of users, and one can only imagine how much money is tied up. Any attorneys out there interested in initiating a class action lawsuit? 

Login to Me Too

Tibger
New Community Member

They are liars.  They have a hyperlink for people to request a check in the mail, but will not send you a check unless you link a bank account to PayPal, so that they can harvest all sorts of information on you.  I just spent hours over the past week trying to get a check and the lying customer service staff would not admit that they require you to hand over bank information that can expose your assets to fraud and theft.  Even after I verified my address with a credit card in their "system" they still would not send a check but stick to their inane irrelevant script.

Login to Me Too

Tabbyskyler
Contributor
Contributor
I think it is fraud is what they are doing. There is no need for them to “verify” my address with my bank account. They already know my address as well as my credit cards information at their end!!!! Some reason they want to collect our bank account access. I smell something funny! We have no right corporations rules the world. I am so sick of this crap. I will avoid to use PayPal here on out!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.