Paypal won't let me buy anything

Temp20230525K
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal won't let me buying anything or send money. the message below pops up whenever I try to buy somthing.

"We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)."

I have tried two differnt methods and both don't work anyway can some please tell me what the problem is and how to solve it.

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

Notthrilled
Same problem here. Everything is verified and can't spend a penny. Three phone calls yesterday and I've been told to just "wait and see what happens". Are you kidding me? I'd have never had people send money if I didn't know I couldn't use it. I set up a transfer to my bank to just get my money out, I wonder if it'll go through.
Login to Me Too

gaylemarg
New Community Member

I would laugh at PayPal if only I wasnt so depressed after reading all the posts which tell me that my problem - not able to pay for my purchase - is a known one that has persisted unremedied for years. I got the same inept guff about what and where the problem was, and poor helpless PayPal's inability to change the actions of its own system. I mean, does this company run its systems, or do the systems run the company?

I am about to close my Paypal account AND my Ebay account since the two are so closely linked. The bright point is that I will soon have more money in my bank account since my former favourite shopping site will no longer be at my fingertips. And since it is a computer I was trying to buy,  I think my fingertips will be doing a lot more knitting...knitting the wool and using the needles and patterns that I bought on Ebay and paid for through PayPal.

Login to Me Too

TheGooner7
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the very same issues. I bought an item on the 26th of April, and now all of a sudden I can't purchase anything. I go to the checkout on Ebay, and go through the usual routine of making a payment, and then get a message at the paypal checkout saying I need to add a debit or credit, even though I have 1 debit card and 2 credits registered and verified with paypal. I've made my third call today to complain about this issue, as I've not been able to make a purchase for 4 days. The first call I got mugged off, and was told that the issue should be resolved after about 4 hours, but after that time I tried to buy an item and got the same message saying I need to add a card. So I called paypal 2 days later, and got told that it was an issue with Ebay and not paypal, which I have discovered was a complete and utter lie, as I tried to buy items from numerous sites and have still received the same message saying I need to add a card. I've just called today, and have been told that someone will call me with 72 hours which is just ridiculous. I'm absolutely disgusted with Paypal right now, and I don't think they care about looking after their customers. I've been registered with Ebay and Paypal for at least 10 years, so I'm hardly a newbie when it comes to using their services. Judging by this comments section I'm not on my own, and find that Paypal's attitude towards this issue is totally unacceptable. As of now the service they provide is an absolute disgrace, and it looks like I'll be using Amazon at this rate.
Login to Me Too

Loumary

Did you solve the problem? I having same problems for months i cant buy anything I called and they say cant do anything like what the hell. 

Login to Me Too

Usmcrobert0111
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal Is a terrible company that will get sued for this **bleep** one day
Login to Me Too

Kyleesdaddy
Contributor
Contributor
God I hope so
Login to Me Too

Canndishong
Im having this same problem, what ended up happening for you? I thought maybe it was still processing but dang its been over a month and it still wont let me spend the money i have.
Login to Me Too

Eugenie2
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly same thing for me but I also can’t connect my PayPal to depop or eBay or anything, I’ve rang them I would say 20 times in the past week, speaking to a different person each time and they’ve all told me it isn’t an issue on PayPal’s side, I need to contact eBay and depop as they need to change their settings. So I contact depop/eBay and they come back and tell me it’s an issue on PayPal’s side, absolutely ridiculous service from PayPal they are utter rubbish
Login to Me Too

closet406
New Community Member
I’ve payed with the card I’m using multiple times but now when I try it says link another debit or credit card but I already have one linked and wanna use the one I have linked what do I do someone please help me.
Login to Me Too

boyosof
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem ,, i have invoice from seller and i am trying to pay it.

i did all the solutions .. no way to solve.

i pay with this account and same card multiple times before .. what is happen .. i don't know

any help please.???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.