Paypal withdrawal

vmbuvi123
Contributor
Contributor

Tried to withdraw some cash but a message appear that my withdraw could not be completed.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vmbuvi123 

You can't withdraw to a local bank account or card in your country.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

HOWEVER....

There are the added options only in Kenya of using the services of M-PESA or Equity Bank to transfer funds out of a PayPal account. If unable to get those to work, customer service assistance would be needed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vmbuvi123 

You can't withdraw to a local bank account or card in your country.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

HOWEVER....

There are the added options only in Kenya of using the services of M-PESA or Equity Bank to transfer funds out of a PayPal account. If unable to get those to work, customer service assistance would be needed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vmbuvi123
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Infact my issue is that am unable to withdraw using the mpesa option in my country,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.