Paypal's holds on verified funds is illegal. Join the class action law suit to make them stop!

Temp20220226P
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's policies of with-holding verified funds has absolutely no statutory, logical, or ethical basis as grounds to hold and keep your money from you against your will and without your permission. In fact, so outrageous and corrupt is the practice of  these"forced interest free loans," the practice is literally against the law. Paypal must be forced to play by the rules, and obey the laws like every one else! Even if that means we as the customers it swindles on a regular basis must take matters into our own hands, and do so in the form of a class action lawsuit for all interest and damages Paypal has caused our lives and finances by it's unethical and illegal practice of with-holding access to our verified funds!

To that end, I am asking the community of those whom have suffered this intolerable acts of corporate greed by Paypal, and suffered Paypal unlawful with-holding of your verified funds for any period of time, and for whatever made-up excuse they gave you, to please contact me at about the possibilities of forming a class of victims willing to bring the class action law suit so clearly required to ensure Paypal plays by the rules like the rest of us do! 

If you don't believe their policy to be not only harmful to people who need and deserve the funds we earned without being forced to loan it interest free to a billion dollar company first, just ask yourself the following: What do you think would happen to you, if you took some ones money without their permission? You'd expect to go to jail, and face criminal charges for your illegal behavior, right? Well, Paypal, in all of it's corporate ego, has come to believe itself above the laws of this country. The proof of this, is the policy and practice of with-holding verified funds from it's customers, in violation of criminal statutes, banking laws, and all other laws Paypal wrongfully thinks do not apply to it (EVEN THOUGH IT IS A MONEY LENDER OFFERING CREDIT AND CREDIT CARDS, AND DEALS IN AND WITH DEPOSIT ACCOUNTS!)! We have rights as consumers under the banking laws, laws that govern financial companies, as well as the Fair Credit Reporting Act as Paypal never gives a legally recognized reason for wrongfully with-holding and converting for it's own uses your money via the with-holding policies! We do not need to stand for this! Join me in punishing Paypal by hurting it, the way it has hurt us... In the pocket book! Let's sue for our interest, and to get Paypal to stgop stealing our verified funds once and for all!

I look forward to hearing your stories about how you ewere harmed by Paypal unlawfully with-holding funds you earned and needed immediately,! We will show this greedy corporate egomaniac that even a billion dollar company must obey the laws of this country, and may not make gifts unto itself in the form of interest free forced loans from other peoples moneys, and that in this country justice is not determined by the size of your bank account but the merit of your actions and treatment of your fellow citizens!

Respectfully waiting to hear from all of you,

Joel <removed> Juris Doctorate

Login to Me Too
91 REPLIES 91

Azazel3584
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing...now they wont close my account calling customer service to be told my call couldmt be helped...messages from cust service giving me instructions leading back to calling thier number again... Headquarters numbers arent working...they even denied my request for the address to headquarters... Im going to post screenshots on facebook warning business owners i think younguys should too..m
Login to Me Too

deadonsurplus
Contributor
Contributor

please send me info they just froze my acct too with out any reason <removed>

Login to Me Too

Howie_Hagan26
Contributor
Contributor
My account was permanently limited for no apparent reason and I need that money to come through because that is actually work money I need to feed myself
Login to Me Too

Hyhyuuu
Contributor
Contributor
I also am having the same issue and with them holding my funds i am losing my home and am currently unable to provide food for my family. I would like to join you in this lawsuit and file one against them
Login to Me Too

sad_american
I have a business account with PayPal for almost 7 years and they are holding on to legit revenue that I need to pay my merchants and my employees as we just got back to work after the pandemic. The damages that will be sustained as a result of no payment to my team especially during this Pandemic will be awful. I have a business account, proof all transaction are authorized and legal, tracking numbers of satisfied customers and certified letters from the customers in which PayPal is holding their money ransom and PayPal offers me no solution to prove any of this when I called in. They simply said I was risky and they seized my incoming revenue without opportunity provide supporting documents. I understand about their “policies” we agreed too but this is still a Interest Free Loan and is Illegal under American banking laws. Banks are required to issue funds within 30days of closing account for suspected fraud or “risky business” Many of my employees have kids and financial obligations and I will be unable to pay my workers and although this is permitted with their user agreement THIS IS UNETHICAL TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE and against our American Values. I’m ready for for class action Lawsuit who is with me? Please contact my cel[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and ask for AJ.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Your contact info was deleted. How do I circumvent the auto bots?
Login to Me Too

Coltoneatchel
Contributor
Contributor

They litterrally just got me kicked out of my home i was late for the 2end time because even though i sent my id my proof of where i got the item sold on ebay and proof i sent it as well as my text verifacation my email verifacation and my security questions all answered and responded to correctly its been 3 days and my second night ill be sleeping in my car with my 8 year old son and fiance we been sitting in motel 6 parking lot waiting but they actually just put more limitations i cant transfer ,send,refund , or payfor anything with my 300$ they are holding funny thing is my girlfriend actually sent that money to me in the first place because i had my card and was gonna pay rent but instead paypal stole it from me and tell me in messeges they will fix it only just to add more limitations now i sign in and it wont even allow me to access my account and i owe $300 late fee and lost our home paypal is a **bleep**ing joke theives and con artist to do this to there own customers they kbow **bleep** well this is my **bleep**ing account this phone is the only device ever to log on this account ever! They are doing it on purpose and i will not stop unntil i sue these **bleep** **bleep** paypal u dirty buisness bottom feeding scammers

Login to Me Too

Dylan9446
Contributor
Contributor
Looks like they hold everyone’s funds for whatever reason they see fit. Seems that they let one bad egg ruin it for everyone. Which shouldn’t be the case. Simply verifying people on signup would solve all of this. Not so many are willing to try scam people if they have to put up a passport and provide proof of address before gaining access to a PayPal account. Anyway. I’ve sold over 200 items since December, now randomly. PayPal has just decided to start holding all my incoming sales. I have 500+ positive feedback all 100% positive. And I’m suffering because of this. Please stop it PayPal and just verify your users before they set up an account.
Login to Me Too

toonbug
Contributor
Contributor
I know this is an old comment but for future reference, when someone sends you money on PayPal you have an option to issue a refund within X number of days and I had a friend whose account got locked up and she didnt know until after I had sent her some money so the money was locked in her account unable to be used. Luckily she saw the refund option and it allowed her to refund it back to me so I then sent it to her using another platform.
Login to Me Too

Jdoggiedog
Contributor
Contributor
So they permanently limited my account with $13,000 in August 2020 and put a 180 day hold til February 9th 2021. Well the 9th came and went and today the 11th they said Dec 24th 2020 they put a second hold for 180 days without notification of any sort. So being said that'll be 2 180 day holds and for me not being a buyer or a seller. Just trying to use their services
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.