Paypal restored my minus balance

lucriley
Contributor
Contributor

recently my balance fell into minus, and after around 45 days paypal converted it into euro (as its apparently their policy). I've been locked out of my account for the past two weeks, and only been able to log back in now. I went to pay the money in to restore the minus - but it said paypal had already done it. Was just wondering if that means that paypal have just written off the minus balance, or if it will come back in the future? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lucriley,

Thank you for your post! I regret that we wouldn't be able to determine whether the balance is written off or has been paid from the Community Forum. For account-specific assistance, please reach out to customer service.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

It's possible that you had a negative balance in your primary currency and a positive balance in a different currency, and the funds from the other currency were converted to bring the primary balance current. You may want to ask a customer service representative if that's what happened.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lucriley,

Thank you for your post! I regret that we wouldn't be able to determine whether the balance is written off or has been paid from the Community Forum. For account-specific assistance, please reach out to customer service.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

It's possible that you had a negative balance in your primary currency and a positive balance in a different currency, and the funds from the other currency were converted to bring the primary balance current. You may want to ask a customer service representative if that's what happened.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

lucriley
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou!! :))
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.