Paypal prepaid debit card

ZZmike
Contributor
Contributor

I find the card useless.     I've been trying for 3 or 4 days now to put money from my bank onto the card.    Finally, I found out (through trial & error) how to link a bank acct to Paypal, but trying to find out how to put money on the card sends me through endless travels back and forth through more menus.

It's usually "to this you need to do that" - but in order to do "that", you need to do "this other", which of course you can't do until you do "another thing".

I have a Paypal account, and a prepaid debit card - registered.   How do I put money onto the card?????????

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZZmike 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-can-i-get-and-add-money-to-a-paypal-prepaid-masterca...

If there's no funds in the PayPal balance, you must first add funds to your PayPal balance with your linked bank account, then transfer the funds to the PayPal Prepaid debit card (presuming your card is activated and linked to the PayPal account).

Log in to your PayPal Prepaid Card Online Account Center, click on the PayPal Transfers1 section, and follow the steps to transfer money from your account at PayPal to your PayPal Prepaid Card conveniently and at no-cost.3

1PayPal Transfers require a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account and a personalized card, which arrives within 10 business days after activation of your instant-issue card. If you do not already have a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account you will link to this Card, visit www.paypal.com to get one, or you may get one when you activate this card online. A PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account is required for certain features, but not to have the PayPal Prepaid Card. Transfers may not exceed $300 per day/$2,000 per rolling 30 days and are limited to the funds available in your account at PayPal. Transfers may only be made in the name of a valid PayPal Prepaid Mastercard Cardholder. Only one (1) PayPal Prepaid Mastercard may be linked to one (1) account at PayPal. PayPal Transfers cannot be reversed or canceled. The Bancorp Bank and Mastercard are not affiliated with, and neither endorses nor sponsors the PayPal.com online account to which various funding sources, including a PayPal Prepaid Card, may be linked.

3While this specific feature is available at no cost, certain other transaction fees and costs, terms, and conditions are associated with the use of this Card. See the Cardholder Agreement or Online Account Center for more details.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ZZmike
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the patient reply.    I was really frustrated at getting through the maze.      I'll work on your solution in a bit, when I have a stretch of time.

I compare it to my bank websites, where all I need to do is log in, click "view account" or "transfer funds" (from/to).   All very simple.

I'll reply again when I'm done.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

ZZmike
Contributor
Contributor

The Answer was specific and helpful, but when I tried to follow it, I got bogged down in the website.  I got as far as "enter card # and code", and when I clicked "Continue", it stayed there on the "enter card # and code" page.   I called Help, who tried very hard to figure out what the problem was - even suggesting that I try it on the Chrome browser (not one of the current favorites).  Same thing happened.    Then he transferred me to the IT group, but after about 5 minutes on hold, I gave up and started looking for a bank.....

This is what I think it should look like:
To set up a connection with a bank:  get routing  and acct #s, do a deposit/withdrawal check/verification (takes a few days).

Then have a link/dropdown for "Transfer Funds", then "From" (select bank/PayPal acct), then "To" (same), then "How much", then "When", then "Verify" and "Submit" (a confirmation # would be good).

For a Prepaid card, "Load card", enter card # and code, then "From" (PayPal acct (I don't know if you could use "Bank"), then"How much",

Verify, Submit, confirm.

Now if all that is already there, it's very cleverly disguised.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.