Paypal offered me free £10?

heatwave192
Contributor
Contributor

I was emailed an email titled "💷 Be one of the first 94,000 to claim your £10 Reward. Offer Ends 25 Nov 2020."

Is this genuine?

I clicked on it and accepted it, it seemed like the genuine paypal, yet I highly doubt any company would offer money for free for nothing?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Stannyboy
Contributor
Contributor
The page also had text verification and knew when I put the wrong password in so I think you’re good

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Stannyboy
Contributor
Contributor
I also received this email. Judging by the fact that my real name was used, and the link led me to a secure website that was a part of the PayPal.com domain I believe it to be legitimate. The email was also put together well with terms and conditions and no typos so I do think it’s real.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Stannyboy
Contributor
Contributor
The page also had text verification and knew when I put the wrong password in so I think you’re good
Login to Me Too

heatwave192
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the help It just had me a bit suprised as I've never had more than £1.5 (around 3 dollars or 2 euros) in my paypal, so a free £10 out of nowhere was strange. Have a good day
Login to Me Too

Syed61
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.