Paypal not showing balances or insights this morning

Chris3560
New Community Member

Paypal not showing balances or insights this morning. Using desktop on Windows 10 Pro running firefox. Anyone else having this problem? I do $200k to $300k a year in business and expect some level of customer service. Not happy about this.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

gargarr
New Community Member

Same. Chrome is fine.

Login to Me Too

WeekiWacheeJim
Contributor
Contributor

And I have the opposite - Firefox is fine, Chrome doesn't show it.

Asked PayPal, they said switch browsers. Well, obviously that's not going to be the solution if some have it on one and some on the other.

Wish they would stop "improving" the site.

Login to Me Too

KillerNapkins
New Community Member

Also same. Ok, well then at least I am not the only one.

Login to Me Too

Andrew2021
New Community Member

The insights widget on the homepage is not working for me either: using Chrome on a Mac.

Login to Me Too

Machineage
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too.

Used to be able to view the running balance by going to Activity > All Transactions > Transaction Type > Balance View (all transactions).

This no longer shows either a balance or running balance like it used to.

I contacted CS who were worse than useless!!! I also tried downloading reports (balance affecting etc), and statements, none of which are now detailing a running balance. So this IS NOT a browser issue, the reports are generated by PayPal to be downloaded.

SORT IT OUT PAYPAL FFS!!!

Login to Me Too

steelytim62
Contributor
Contributor

I think everyone has the same problem and unfortunately this is how it will be from now one. I also HATE this! Here is the response I got from customer service today.

"I apologize for the experience you are faced with in not being able to see the running balance. Unfortunately, this will be the new norm, and not a technical issue which can be resolved through this ticket system.  The feature has been deprecated, and the only way to see the running balance is to pull a report in the report section under "activity download". ".

Paypal, this is NOT GOOD!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Machineage
Contributor
Contributor

I have already warned them I will be withdrawing my £2k+ balance if they don't get this sorted, and to date, they have not sorted this. Their loss.

Login to Me Too

Machineage
Contributor
Contributor

In response too raising a ticket with Merchant Technical Support, I received the following reply:

The service that provides running balance filter information for merchants has now been fully phased out. If you would like to view the balance impact of any transaction, please download the Activity Download report by clicking on the Download option in your account.

This workaround is in place because the service that provides running balance information will soon be deprecated. A disclaimer about this issue will also appear in the footer on the Activity page when the filter is applied.

Please note that this is working as designed.

Kindly let me know in case you have further queries. Looking forward to your response.

So there you go, the most basic and required of features, supplied by every other account I hold, is no longer available with PayPal. Utterly unbelievable....

Login to Me Too

howcurious
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to them this morning, as I need this to reconcile my Xero accounting software. They said it will no longer be shown in the dashboard, and you have to download an activity report. I requested a report for the past 3 months of data at 12pm, it is now 17:22pm and I still don't have the report. Nothing in my email, and under 'reports' it still says 'submitted'. Sort it out PayPal, please! This is such an important feature for business owners.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.