Paypal no refunds

Mamilic
Contributor
Contributor

I will get straight to the point, my name is Almir R. <removed> and I linked today (11/28/2018) my credit card (MasterCard). First it took 53.27 PHP and I successfully linked my card. Next is to input 4 digit codes, after I did, it successfully confirmed and took 100 PHP to my credit card. Somehow I did not receive any refund for it. Can someone explain to me why?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mamilic

Allow up to 30 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mamilic

Allow up to 30 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mamilic
Contributor
Contributor

You earned a kudo. I will wait until then and report back.

Login to Me Too

Kamiecat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, can any body help me. I have the transaction number and bought a ring on line from an Ebay seller Antoni-vintage. I never received the ring and it was sent back to him. I tried contacting him through Ebay and they will not assist me. How do I communicate with Pay pal to get a refund on this transaction.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kamiecat

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kamiecat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my Paypal account only reflects my Uber rides. I have the transaction in my bank account as I had paid with my debit card as well as the guest paypal transaction Id.

What is my next step ? My bank will not refund me  and Antoniovint has not contacted me so I feel utterly helpless.

Regards

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kamiecat

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kamiecat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I cannot get through to the Pay pal help Centre in the Uk as I am phoning from South Africa. Called the USA and they told me they cannot help me , I must speak to UK Customer Service.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kamiecat

Click on help top of page >  then put in uk and remove sa in the appropriate place in your browser link > then click on contact > select the 'guest user' option (or it will default back to your country) and then you should get the international Uk tel number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kamiecat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You have been a tremendous help. How do I now give you kudos ?

The Paypal Centre advisor said I my try the Chargeback route so shall opt for that.

What bothers me is that E Bay Seller is going to be selling to other buyers and frauding them as well. He should be shamed and named.

Thank you once again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.