Paypal keeps asking for me to add a creditcard

Jade708
Contributor
Contributor

Here's the situation:

I decided a while ago that I wanted PayPal, cause it's safe and easy to use and also doesn't charge €20/year like most creditcards do. I used my account for online payments, mainly from the App Store.

Once, I clicked on "download" for an app that didn't have a price tag, I got charged anyway. I was so **bleep** off that I decided to ask PayPal for a refund, thinking that it was just like any other refund. But no: Apple banned PayPal as a payment method. Since then, I can't make any payment using PayPal anymore because it keeps asking me "please add a credit card to complete your purchase".

I decided to call PayPal. They told me they lifted everything that they decided to block for me. PayPal still asked for the creditcard... So I decided to call Apple. They did the same. The guy I had on the phone told me to have no hope, "try to make a new account", he said that he had the same issue years ago and that it still isn't solved.

It's still not solved, it's been two weeks and I'm so tired of it... The people working for PayPal have no idea what this is, does that make any sense??? It's YOUR company. And again... I chose PayPal over a creditcard... if you're gonna force me to get a creditcard anyway... what use does PayPal have? If I'd get a credit card I would just delete PayPal. From that moment I'd tell anyone who asks me a question about PayPal to just get a creditcard... because "you don't want to go through the **bleep** I had to deal with... and don't get me started on the payments that were put on hold - you hear me, not stopped, piling up until PayPal works again..."

I'm tired of these automatically generated responses that PayPal gives me all the time... I didn't ask for them to block everything... I asked for a refund.IMG_9521.JPG

Oh yeah and let's not forget EVERYONE ELSE that has the same issue and that you decide not to respond to!

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments-Archive/Paypal-is-suddenly-asking-to-add-a-credit...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jade708

You can use your account for a while without adding a card but at some point OR if there has been a problem with a transaction OR your transaction is more high risk then Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and verify your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jade708

You can use your account for a while without adding a card but at some point OR if there has been a problem with a transaction OR your transaction is more high risk then Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and verify your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jade708
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to turn it around, making a new account and linking my bank account to that one 🙂 yay victory

Login to Me Too

DutchAngel
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks, and with respect but it’s for mostly of us NOT the solution. Mostly of us, as example in the Dutch country don’t use a credit card (they use local another payments). And: when you, as example buy a license at Cocoatech (yes, to buy a code for the app Path Finder), then you see that it works, without to use a credit card (CC). The (luxury)problem is thus the ‘sharing knowledge’ between PayPal and the developers, or business itself where we can buy anything we need (primary or secondary). Thus, unfortunately…. Hopefully in the future, thanks twice a time anyway.  Have a great day!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DutchAngel 

I didn't say it was the SOLUTION, this is an advice forum and i gave advice on possible reasons, take it or leave it or give your own advice instead, up to you.

As for the SOLUTION only the person that STARTS THE THREAD/POST can mark it as a solution so if they were happy with the advice on their thread then that is what they do.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

iscritto66
New Community Member

Never had any problem with my bank or credit card or accounts, so the proposed answer is not a solution.
If I have to use my CC number on every website, then Paypal is really useless...

Login to Me Too

Anna192

hey thanks for the reply on that question. 

I have a similar question buy my situation is different.

I have been having my paypal account for a very long time, and I always have it connected to my credit card. 

I use it for buying stuff online, I never had paypaal balance in my account before until in the past few months I started to sell my handmade products on Etsy and I use Paypal to receive my money, so now I have some balance on my paypal account, and I want to use them while I buy things online. 

I have already set up Paypal as the decault way of payment, but everytime I still have to pay via my credit card---- but I have balance in my paypal account I want to use those money instead of my credit card.

Anyone knows how to make it possilbe to pay with paypal instead of credit card, when I have balance in my paypal account as well as my credit card linked to my paypal account.

thanks in advance! 

Login to Me Too

vondujamel
Contributor
Contributor

I already have a credit card linked to Paypal. And I am still being asked to add one. This looks like a bug to me. Back in the days, people managed the problem by disabling javascript. Now it doesn't  work. It's been a week now. I may quit Paypal for this. Even posting a comment is headache. So frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Starkiller2
New Community Member
I’m having the same problem and absolutely nothing is working. I’m done with pay pal
Login to Me Too

Mrs_flatliner
New Community Member
Same here....I’ll just stick to using my bank account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.