Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal keeps asking for me to add a creditcard

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: Paypal keeps asking for me to add a creditcard

Oh and I have TWO cards linked to my account!!
Highlighted

This just happened to me. I found a dress for .50 with .25 shipping. This deal is only good for 1 hour. When I tried to take this deal PayPal rained on my parade by asking for a backup payment. If I wanted debit cards, I wouldn't have a PayPal account.
Highlighted
New Community Member

I have been using PayPal for years and have never had any issues until today.

At checkout I was being asked to add a credit or debit card, eventhough my account shows a card is already linked and verified.

At checkout I noticed PayPal being run within another app named Epoch.

*After some research* Epoch is an online service for easily recording and recalling transactions. Redundant since PayPal already records all the transactions.

So eventhough PayPal protects a users infromation by acting as intermediary in all transactions, Epoch forces the user to enter their personal information again for its records.

Ps; only other time I was ever asked for a card was when I was trying to buy something before another purchase had been processed. Back when I used direct deposit and had to wait a few business days.

Highlighted
Contributor

I have cash in my paypal account that was paid to me, and I also have my bank account set up with it. Despite this, any time I try to pay for something online, pay pal keeps asking me to add a credit card! I have enough funds in my Paypal cash balance, and more than enough in my bank account as well, so I don’t understand why I would need a credit card too. The whole point of paypal is not needing a credit card. I’ve used my account to purchase items online before, so I’m frustrated that there’s suddenly a problem
Highlighted
Contributor

Same thing here! Everything has been fine for years and suddenly today it's asking to do the same thing! Well i decided to call them .... disaster! First got a message saying to call another number as i was calling from a mobile, then got through to the other number and another recording asking me for credit or debit card details so they could identify me 🙄 .... i just 'speak to agent' .... three times i had to say this and then apparently got put through to an agent LOL ... yeah right .... i was then in a queue where i was told to press 1 if i wanted PayPal to call me back when someone was free, so i pressed 1 ..... 2 seconds after putting the phone down it rang. It was Paypal saying they were returning my call (automated voice again) ... then it put me on hold ...that was 12 minutes ago and i'm still holding ...... Grrrrrrrrrr! 😠  why call me back when there is STILL NO AGENT available!!!!

Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: Paypal keeps asking for me to add a credit card

Two days ago I had the same problem! So I stop buying the item on eBay I want to. And now on, I stop using Paypal. What Paypal is for, if I have to give my credit card information on line. Look like phishing !!!! I don't take a chance. I will wait for few months to see... 

Highlighted
Contributor

Same problem, from Czech Republic...
Highlighted

did u ever resolve this issue and how ? im having the same plroblem 

Highlighted

I'm from the Netherlands and I'm having this issue too.
The only thing I can imagine is that the creditcard type/country is not accepted by the merchant. But that doesn't make much sense since it's still on the paypal website.

When pressing cancel, it shows nothing under "Choose a way to pay", neither bank account nor creditcard. So this is clearly a session/state bug, which means clearing cookies might fix it for now 🙂
*** MY SOLUTION: CLEAR YOUR PAYPAL COOKIES ***

Archive has similar topic: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments-Archive/Paypal-is-suddenly-asking-to-add-a-credit...

Highlighted
Contributor

I’m in Australia and now I’m having this problem too. I have 2 cards linked to my account and it’s asking for me to link another. It’s so frustrating. I used my paypal for eBay. An hour later I needed to buy something I forgot and bam. I need to link a card.