Paypal keeps asking for me to add a creditcard

Jade708
Contributor
Contributor

Here's the situation:

I decided a while ago that I wanted PayPal, cause it's safe and easy to use and also doesn't charge €20/year like most creditcards do. I used my account for online payments, mainly from the App Store.

Once, I clicked on "download" for an app that didn't have a price tag, I got charged anyway. I was so **bleep** off that I decided to ask PayPal for a refund, thinking that it was just like any other refund. But no: Apple banned PayPal as a payment method. Since then, I can't make any payment using PayPal anymore because it keeps asking me "please add a credit card to complete your purchase".

I decided to call PayPal. They told me they lifted everything that they decided to block for me. PayPal still asked for the creditcard... So I decided to call Apple. They did the same. The guy I had on the phone told me to have no hope, "try to make a new account", he said that he had the same issue years ago and that it still isn't solved.

It's still not solved, it's been two weeks and I'm so tired of it... The people working for PayPal have no idea what this is, does that make any sense??? It's YOUR company. And again... I chose PayPal over a creditcard... if you're gonna force me to get a creditcard anyway... what use does PayPal have? If I'd get a credit card I would just delete PayPal. From that moment I'd tell anyone who asks me a question about PayPal to just get a creditcard... because "you don't want to go through the **bleep** I had to deal with... and don't get me started on the payments that were put on hold - you hear me, not stopped, piling up until PayPal works again..."

I'm tired of these automatically generated responses that PayPal gives me all the time... I didn't ask for them to block everything... I asked for a refund.IMG_9521.JPG

Oh yeah and let's not forget EVERYONE ELSE that has the same issue and that you decide not to respond to!

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments-Archive/Paypal-is-suddenly-asking-to-add-a-credit...

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Mrs_flatliner
New Community Member
Oh and I have TWO cards linked to my account!!
Login to Me Too

AmericaATX
This just happened to me. I found a dress for .50 with .25 shipping. This deal is only good for 1 hour. When I tried to take this deal PayPal rained on my parade by asking for a backup payment. If I wanted debit cards, I wouldn't have a PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

WaiKeong
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.

Trying to send money to a friend since yesterday.

Credit card already linked, verified.

Keeps going round in circles.

"Please add a payment option"

"Please add a new card"

"This card cannot be used for this
transaction".

(You mean Paypal thinks my card's
bank is insolvent ?)

"Paypal : Internal Error"

Your programmers are a bunch of
incompetent idiots.

Are your sure they know C++ or
even Visual Basic ?

PAYPAL.jpg

Login to Me Too

JE55E
New Community Member

I have been using PayPal for years and have never had any issues until today.

At checkout I was being asked to add a credit or debit card, eventhough my account shows a card is already linked and verified.

At checkout I noticed PayPal being run within another app named Epoch.

*After some research* Epoch is an online service for easily recording and recalling transactions. Redundant since PayPal already records all the transactions.

So eventhough PayPal protects a users infromation by acting as intermediary in all transactions, Epoch forces the user to enter their personal information again for its records.

Ps; only other time I was ever asked for a card was when I was trying to buy something before another purchase had been processed. Back when I used direct deposit and had to wait a few business days.

Login to Me Too

DesireTay
Contributor
Contributor
I have cash in my paypal account that was paid to me, and I also have my bank account set up with it. Despite this, any time I try to pay for something online, pay pal keeps asking me to add a credit card! I have enough funds in my Paypal cash balance, and more than enough in my bank account as well, so I don’t understand why I would need a credit card too. The whole point of paypal is not needing a credit card. I’ve used my account to purchase items online before, so I’m frustrated that there’s suddenly a problem
Login to Me Too

PaganDee
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here! Everything has been fine for years and suddenly today it's asking to do the same thing! Well i decided to call them .... disaster! First got a message saying to call another number as i was calling from a mobile, then got through to the other number and another recording asking me for credit or debit card details so they could identify me 🙄 .... i just 'speak to agent' .... three times i had to say this and then apparently got put through to an agent LOL ... yeah right .... i was then in a queue where i was told to press 1 if i wanted PayPal to call me back when someone was free, so i pressed 1 ..... 2 seconds after putting the phone down it rang. It was Paypal saying they were returning my call (automated voice again) ... then it put me on hold ...that was 12 minutes ago and i'm still holding ...... Grrrrrrrrrr! 😠  why call me back when there is STILL NO AGENT available!!!!

Login to Me Too

maitam
New Community Member

Two days ago I had the same problem! So I stop buying the item on eBay I want to. And now on, I stop using Paypal. What Paypal is for, if I have to give my credit card information on line. Look like phishing !!!! I don't take a chance. I will wait for few months to see... 

Login to Me Too

vojtinek
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem, from Czech Republic...
Login to Me Too

did u ever resolve this issue and how ? im having the same plroblem 

Login to Me Too

darkfader

I'm from the Netherlands and I'm having this issue too.
The only thing I can imagine is that the creditcard type/country is not accepted by the merchant. But that doesn't make much sense since it's still on the paypal website.

When pressing cancel, it shows nothing under "Choose a way to pay", neither bank account nor creditcard. So this is clearly a session/state bug, which means clearing cookies might fix it for now 🙂
*** MY SOLUTION: CLEAR YOUR PAYPAL COOKIES ***

Archive has similar topic: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments-Archive/Paypal-is-suddenly-asking-to-add-a-credit...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.